In this post, I share 3 tasty and filling recipes for suhoor/sehri (or the pre-dawn meal) during Ramadan. These recipes would also be great for a regular breakfast.
1. Roasted Oat, Yoghurt & Fruit Pot
– 80g (1 cup) Porridge Oats
– 1 tablespoon Butter
– 1 tablespoon Honey
– Fruit of your choice
– Yoghurt (I used full fat Greek yoghurt)
– Honey to drizzle on top
– Melt the butter in a pan on a low/medium heat, add in the porridge oats and stir at regular intervals until the oats brown a little.
– Stir in honey until oats are a lovely golden brown. Allow to cool.
– Chop fruit into small chunks.
– In a jar/glass/bowl, layer the ingredients. I added the roasted oats, then yoghurt, followed by the chopped fruit and honey. I repeated the process until the jar was full, and topped with a sprinkling of roasted oats, a little fruit and finally a drizzle of honey.
2. Ready Oat Pancakes
– Makes 4 pancakes | Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 5 minutes
– 45g Ready Oats
– 3 Medium Eggs
– 100ml Milk
– 1 tablespoon Honey (optional)
– Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl
– Stir in the oats until smooth
– Add the milk and whisk until well combined. Adjust the amount of milk depending on how thick you like your pancakes
– Stir in the honey (if you want sweetened pancakes)
– Pour some batter into a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat (I used a ladle). Turn the pancake when the edge is starting to brown.
– I served mine with full fat greek yoghurt, fruit and a sprinkling of demerara sugar for a little crunch.
3. Date, Oat and Banana Loaf
– Serves 12 | Preparation time: | Cooking time: 50 minutes
– Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C Fan Assisted/Gas Mark 3/325°F
– Grease and line a 23 x 13cm Loaf Tin
– 125g Plain Flour
– 80g Porridge Oats
– 100g Olive Spread (Margarine)
– 200g Caster Sugar
– 2 Eggs (beaten)
– 350g Bananas (mashed)
– 75g Dates (chopped)
– 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
– 1/2 teaspoon Salt
– 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
– 4 tablespoons Milk
– Cream together the sugar and olive spread in a large mixing bowl
– Whisk in the beaten eggs until light and fluffy.
– Sift in the salt, baking powder, ground cinnamon and plain flour.
– Add in the porridge oats and mix together until well combined.
– Add the bananas, milk and dates to the mixing bowl, and stir into the rest of the ingredients.
– Pour batter into the loaf tin, and bake on middle shelf of oven for 50 mins, or until a skewer inserted into centre of loaf comes out clean. If the loaf is still slightly wet, cover with foil to allow the residual heat to cook the centre of the cake.
– Perfect with a cup of tea at suhoor/sehri time.
PO Box 604
I am fundraising! Please donate whatever you can: https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/amina-bashir-2
If you are a foodie, you will love my recipe channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRV1TQCooGAZJYR-DIL5olw
Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/user/iamsogood55?sub_confirmation=1
Like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/officiallyshamsa
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/shamsa_official
My blog: http://officiallyshamsa.co.uk/
Buy my hijabs from: http://deeninspired.co.uk
Equipment I use
Main camera – Nikon D5200: http://amzn.to/2wj56N7
Lens – Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G ED II: http://amzn.to/2uvQFDs
Microphone – RODE VideoMic: http://amzn.to/2vDAMjh
Vlogging Camera – Canon PowerShot G7X Mark ii Digital Camera: http://amzn.to/2CMYKMU
I use Hostgator to host my websites: http://partners.hostgator.com/c/402571/177309/3094
I use UK2.net to purchase my domain names: https://www.uk2.net/referral/?referral_uuid=C0CFB9F6-6994-11E7-9114-0199005961C8
Try Amazon Prime Free for 30 days: http://www.amazon.co.uk/tryprimefree?tag=realmusl-21
Shop on eBay: “http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=1&pub=5575321126&toolid=10001&campid=5338163948&customid=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg”
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!