You should never have to skip the most important meal of the day just because you’re on a budget! Frankie’s sharing 3 delicious meals that ensure you start your day full & happy.
Baked Banana Berry Oatmeal
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
• 1 1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2 1/2 cups milk
• 2 large eggs
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 3 cups blueberries
• 2 ripe bananas
• 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted and chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 10 in cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon butter.
2. In a bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, 2 tablespoons of butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
4. Add to dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. Add blueberries and bananas and gently fold into the mixture.
5. Pour into cast iron pan. Top with the pecans.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown and center is set. Remove from the oven. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Prosciutto and Cheddar Egg Biscuits
• 3 strips prosciutto
• 3/4 cup whole milk
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-in cubes
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/4 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped chives
• 3 tablespoons of butter
• 8 large eggs
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• tabasco, for tasting
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place prosciutto on baking sheets. Bake until crispy, about 15 – 20 minutes. Let cool. Crumble into pieces. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl add milk and lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cheese, salt and pepper. Using your fingers, mix in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal texture.
4. Add milk mixture and chives. Stir until dough comes together. Dough will be sticky. Crumble in prosciutto. Using a 1/3 cup, scoop dough onto baking sheet.
5. Bake biscuits until golden brown, about 25 – 30 minutes. Let cool.
6. In a nonstick skillet, add eggs, milk, butter, pepper and hot sauce (tabasco). Turn heat to low and stir eggs, making sure all ingredients are mixed well.
7. Cook until eggs are creamy but set, scramble to your liking. Sprinkle with salt.
8. Assemble biscuits and eggs sandwich. Wrap individually in foil and freeze.
9. Reheat in a 425 oven for 7 to 10 minutes.
Stuffed Breakfast Quesadilla
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 8 eggs
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
• 12 oz ground breakfast sausage
• 1 teaspoon ground paprika
• 5 12-inch flour tortillas
• 1 cup refried beans
• 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 3 to 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons butter. Scramble eggs with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Remove and set aside.
2. Brown the sausage with paprika, remaining salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain any fat. Set aside.
3. Place a large tortilla on a workstation. Spread 1 tablespoon of refried beans on the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese. Equally divide eggs and sausage among the 5 tortillas. Tightly fold the edges of the large tortilla towards the center, creating pleats. Invert so the pleats are on the bottom and they stay together.
4. In a 10 in cast iron, over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Place wrap seam-side down and cook until tortilla is golden on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip and cook until the other side is golden. Let cool completely. Wrap individually and freeze.
For more amazing shows & recipes download the Tastemade App: http://link.tastemade.com/HE7m/1cY7XuVWaA
More daily programming http://www.tastemade.com
Watch us behind the scenes at Snapchat: @tastemade