To get notified about new video uploads, subscribe to Well+Good’s channel: [https://www.youtube.com/c/Wellandgood]
Welcome back to Alt-Baking Bootcamp: your guide to healthier baking! In this episode, chef and nutritionist, Mia Rigden, and chef and writer, Jenny Dorsey, show us how to make healthy banana bread that’s gluten-free, low sugar, and SUPER easy to make! 🍌🍌🍌
Not only do they show how to make the recipe, they also explain just what makes it delicious without using butter, white flour, or refined sugar. Mia explains all of the nutritional benefits, while Jenny explains the chemistry behind certain swaps to make your healthy recipes just right. #healthybananabread #altbakingbootcamp #wellandgood
Bake time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
3 bananas (2 overripe with brown spots, 1 fresh)
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
2 organic pasture raised eggs
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp ghee (or grass-fed butter, or coconut oil)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line a 9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper (line the middle, letting the edges of the paper fall over the edge of the pan, and grease the sides with butter or ghee for easy removal).
2. Lightly mash two overripe bananas and add to bowl of a standing mixing. Add ghee or butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and eggs, and mix until thoroughly combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix until incorporated. Turn off mixer and use a spatula to give the dough a good stir.
5. Place dough in loaf pan. The dough is thick, so use a spatula to even it out.
6. Cut your fresh banana in half lengthwise and press into the top of the dough.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
8. When finished, use the edges of the parchment paper to lift the banana bread out of pan.
Subscribe to Well+Good’s channel for more tasty videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/Wellandgood
Be sure to check out our first episode on healthy chocolate chip cookies here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_20aY1mGxg
You can find Well+Good here:
Site 🖥️: https://www.wellandgood.com
Instagram 📸: https://www.instagram.com/iamwellandg…
Facebook 👍: https://www.facebook.com/iamwellandgood
Twitter 🐤: https://twitter.com/iamwellandgood
Pinterest 📌: https://www.pinterest.com/iamwellandgood/