Find more of April’s recipes at http://www.aprilmckinney.com
In this video, April makes a recipe for Baked Coconut Shrimp with a sweet and spicy Orange Marmalade Dipping Sauce. This is an appetizer that everyone will go crazy over, it is absolutely delicious!
The great part about this recipe is that instead of the usual deep fried coconut shrimp, this shrimp is baked but you will never miss the fat and calories in this yummy dish!
1 lb Large Shrimp, shelled with tail on
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened, Flaked Coconut
Nonstick Cooking Spray
For the Orange Marmalade Dipping Sauce:
1 Cup Orange Marmalade
2 Tbls Rice Vinegar (or Apple Cider vinegar)
2 tsp Horseradish
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1) Place shrimp in a bowl and add salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Mix together gently.
2) In three seperate plates or shallow bowls fill one with the flour, one with the eggs, and one with coconut.
3) Dip spice coated Shrimp with flour, then egg, then press in coconut on each side of shrimp. Place coated Shrimp on a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray.
4) Once all Shrimp are coated, spray Shrimp evenly with nonstick spray. Then bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
5) While Shrimp are baking mix together orange marmalade, rice vinegar, dijon, horseradish, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
6) Once Shrimp are baked serve with the dipping sauce.