Every once in a while, your kids need a break from health food, and so do you. Mini pizzas are a great choice. Instead of ordering delivery, make a pizza as a family, and let everyone decorate their own. The recipe listed here is for cheese pizzas, but you can add any vegetable or protein imaginable, and follow the same steps. This makes for a fun family evening, but also a delicious dinner. And homemade pizzas really are healthier than delivery. Trust me.
1 batch of pizza dough (see recipe later in book)
2/3 cup tomato sauce
1 ¼ cup Italian cheese blend
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. fresh basil
1 tbsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. garlic salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Separate dough into 2-4 small piles of even size.
3) Stretch dough by hand to make a personal-size pizza crust.
4) Place crusts on silicone baking mat.
5) Sprinkle oregano, garlic salt, and parmesan onto crusts.
6) Divide tomato sauce evenly between crusts, and spread a thin, even layer of sauce over each, working from the center towards the edge in a circular motion.
7) Divide cheese blend evenly between crusts and coat each with a thin, even layer.
8) Top pizzas with fresh basil.
9) Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until edges of pizza are golden brown and the cheese is clearly melted on the whole pie.
10) Serve immediately.