#eggfreebakingforkids #simpleglutenfreebakingforkids #noglutenbakingforkids #veganbakingforkids #glutenfreeveganbakingforkids #dairyfreebakingforkids
Today, the Three Beans are in the kitchen and they’re baking!!
They’re busy making their favourite gluten free, egg free, dairy free Banana Bread!
The Beans all suffer from a number of allergies and intolerances, including Gluten, Dairy, Soya and Eggs. This can sometimes make eating and shopping for treats a bit of a challenge! So, we like to make our own!
We always struggle to find recipes that are free from all of the things! What is, essentially, a decent Gluten free, Vegan, Banana Bread recipe is hard to come by! So, we adapted several other recipes until we came up with this one that works for us. We use almond milk in the recipe but, if you have a tree-nut allergy (or just don’t like it!) then this can be substituted for coconut milk, or, any other dairy-free milk of your choice!
The recipe we follow is:
285g/10oz Gluten-Free Plain White Flour (we use Dove’s Farm)
1 tsp Bicarbonate (Baking) Soda
1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp Salt
110g/4oz Dairy-Free Spread/Margarine of choice (we use Vitalite Sunflower)
225g/8oz Golden Cater Sugar
2 Chia ‘Eggs’ (2tbs ground Chia Seeds, mixed with 6tbs water and refrigerated for 10 mins…also works with ground Flax seeds)
4 Ripe Bananas
85ml/3fl oz Almond Milk (or other non-dairy milk, We like the Alpro range of non-dairy milks), mixed with 1.5tsp lemon juice (or, non-dairy plain yoghurt also works well)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, Xanthan Gum and salt into a large mixing bowl
3. In a seperate bowl, cream the ‘butter’ and sugar together until light and fluffy
4. Add the Chia ‘Eggs’, mashed bananas, milk&lemon juice and vanilla essence to the ‘butter’ and sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in the flour mixture.
5. Grease a 20cm x 12.5cm/8in x 5in loaf tine (2lb) and pour the cake mixture into the tin
6. Transfer to the oven and bake for about an hour to 1 hour 20 mins, or, until well-risen and golden brown
7. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
As you can see, the Three Beans are happy to give this recipe a go all by themselves! It’s really simple to bake!
We hope you enjoy watching and maybe give it a go yourselves at home?!
Please don’t forget to like and SUBSCRIBE! We’ll be doing more Gluten free, Vegan Baking soon!
Thanks for watching!