These Busy Little Chefs had a blast making pizza with this cool Breville pizza maker. Brody received this as a gift for Christmas, and wanted to make pizza for the show. What a great idea!! The pizza’s turn out delicious, and the kids can add their favorite toppings. Also, this is a great way to get them to eat their veggies. 🙂
What you will need:
Breville Pizza Maker (If using this)
Or pizza pan for the oven
8 oz pizza dough – Either make your own or you can buy this pre-made from your grocery store.
1/2 cup pizza sauce (approx depends on your taste)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1-1 1/2 cup mixed vegetables of your choice (We used – broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers, and black olives.)
flour – to sprinkle on dough so it doesn’t stick to the roller and board.
cornmeal – so pizza slides on and off the stone
1. Preheat your pizza cooker, or oven with stone inside at 450° and using the lower rack.
2. Sprinkle flour to your rolling surface, and place your dough in the middle shaped in a circle.
3. Start rolling out your dough in different directions to keep the shape of a circle.
4. When you have your desired shape and size, sprinkle the cornmeal onto the pizza peel. Then slide your rolled out pizza dough onto the pizza peel.
5. Add your sauce, cheese, and veggies to the top.
6. Slide into the pizza maker or onto the pizza pan in the lower third rack in the oven.
6. Pizza cooker – Close the lid, and let cook 8-12 minutes. Oven – Let cook 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.